Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I just don't know anymore!

It's true, I just don't know anymore. To post or not to post. I really don't think anyone in America really reads this stuff anyway, maybe a few of you. The last few months though, it seems that I have lost a lot of my interest in blogging. I've noticed a big decline in the number of posts on my favorite craft blogs and the complete ceasing on others of any posts. Are we loosing interest in our blogs, or is the economy just getting so many of us down that we have nothing cheerful to say? Or is it the war and politics. I keep worrying that we are going to get into another war, with oh, say Korea. They either really want one, or they are really desparate to get help. I guess no one ever told them that you can 'catch more flies with honey than with sour milk'.

And you can post and post on the presidents site, and I don't think anyone really reads them, they send you a thank-you for your support-even if you didn't support their position. That seems to indicate that now the president has been elected, he is doing what got the last one in trouble and not listening to those that elected him, he has started listening to the advisors who know so much-they or some like them are the ones that helped the last president put us in this position.

Does all this say to you what it does to me, that no one is listening and that no one really cares what happens to the middle class and the ones below it. It seem to, that they are really trying to set the middle class against the poor and lower, by trying to make them pay for all the programs and funding that is needed. Small businesses should be pretty much exempt if they provide jobs for people, stick it to the big corporations that have sent all the factory and production jobs overseas, they are the real culprits. If they had not started this, by eliminating jobs and increasing their own profits, the people on the bottom would have money for their car payments and house payments and to put into social security and keep things going, but not they had to send our jobs away, then the ones selling house and buying real estate had to get in on it and now the housing market is falling apart. Greatly simplified I know, but still true, these people didn't just break some eggs, they tried to steal the chickens too.

Still in the end, who winds up paying for it all, the middle class and the poor. I've heard that the poor don't pay taxes-bull****. They pay sales taxes, hidden taxes and all sorts of other taxes no one even seems to know about. In my state we pay taxes on all food items. You spend $100 on food and pay about $8 in taxes, not much you say-but how about that times 52 weeks,that's $416 dollars a year. And then there is gas tax, property tax, real estate tax, it adds up to a lot, there is no free ride even for the ones who don't have much. Does anyone ever ask these questions or do they just not want to know. You take someone who makes less than $24,000 in a year and they still pay around $1500 to $2000 a year in taxes and no I am not talking about income tax alone- they get a little of that back, I am talking about, real estate, personal property, sales tax , gas tax and all those little hidden taxes that are tacked on before you make a purchase. No one is exempt from them. From the upper middle class down, we all pay more than our share.

The laws are written to protect those above the middle class, and give them shelters so they can keep more in proportion to us. Basically they are written to keep the poor poor and the middle class from really ever getting into the rich upper classes. They are written so the poor and the middle class pay an unfair percentage of taxes, of course this is just my take on it, I am sure, some won't agree, but still I am entitled to my opinion and I have expressed it. Hope someone at the top reads this and see another point of view and maybe just thinks about it.

Ta !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home