Monday, December 03, 2007

Nothing to write

Sometimes I have so little to say. This is one of those times.

I have been preoccupied with the situation of Gillian Gibbons the british school teacher, in trouble over misnaming a teddy bear. I am glad that common sense finally won the day. How stupid for people to get upset over what children do, and how typical of some to get all bent out of shape over something like this.

Christianity and Islam, and all other religions are supposed to be based on love of your fellow man, and the free exercise of ones will, but some people seem to have forgotten it. They want everyone to be a cookie cutter type person-some of us just can't do that. I have always followed my own path, even though I was raised in church for most of my young life and stayed in it for about 30 years, I no longer care to be one of those people. I do not need to be told right from wrong by someone who is following the teachings of someone-who is himself following the teachings of someone else without question. People in these religions are taught never to question anything but to accept what ever the preacher says the bible says or the book they follow. Do any of them realize just how many times these books have been translated? Do any of them realize just how many words have been changed? Or misinterpreted? Or replaced with a phrase that suited the politicians or rulers of that moment in time? I don't think they really care. It is all bent and twisted to suit the needs of the person in charge at that moment anyway, whether he is in charge of a church or a state or country. Having read the Bible several times, and parts of the Nag Hamadi (those books that were found later) and parts of the other books, they don't seem to mention anywhere that everyone has to believe the same thing or live the same way. And the only place where they mention killing is where the jewish people killed their enemies, and I have my own theory about that too.

Everything in the bible or these other books can be interpreted one of a hundred ways, I think the only thing God may have been trying to tell us-is to be true to your own heart and do what your heart tells you to do. So please leave me my traditions and I'll leave you, yours.

Can you tell that I am slightly irratated about this religion thing. I am not a fanatic about anything except maybe my fiber crafts and a few things like that. To be fanatic is an indication of imbalance, and I try to stay in balance though I sometimes go overboard with fiber crafting. Its hard sometimes for me to put down the needles and hooks and exercise or clean house-but it has to be done. Everything has its place, even religious practice-but to maintain a healthy balance of all this, is the important thing.

I welcome your comments-but please remember, they won't change my viewpoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home