Thursday, August 30, 2007

So Soon

I know this is a first probably, I ran across a new blog that is really nice-she knits. It called This Kitten knits, heres a link if you want to visit http://www.thiskittenknits.com/, She has a lovely little girl. She's haveing a contest right now, its over tomorrow but I didn't find it til' yesterday.
Its a new one I found hunting for Harry Potter stuff. I still have dreams of making a Molly Weasley crocheted sweater, the one from chamber of secrets. I am doing one version first, Its been languishing for some time and will be in shades of beige. That doesn't sound exciting does it? I think it will be one I can actually wear more than once. The body is almost done, Have to do the two neck fronts and the back shoulders. I am going to work the sleeves directly on the body following the pictures as near as I can.
Now here is an actuall finished object, Its just a cotton throw made to curl up under when the air conditioning gets to be to much. My picture is not too great. The things to one side are the afghan hooks and three crochet hooks that I made myself, two are carved from twigs and the other one is carved from a dowel rod. The long afghan hooks are carved from dowels too. The other picture I will post is of the thread top I am busy working on. Its done in the Ocean colorway. I have this thing for that particular combinations of colors.
I do so love to work with thread, the throw was sportweight cotton and took me almost three weeks with a small hook, but I still have a lot more to do on the top with size 4 Japanese hook. I have been working on it for about three weeks and still have about 14 inches to do on the body and the sleeves as well. When can I take a close up of the stitch I am on now. It comes from the original Harmony stitch guides that was compiled by Sylvia Cosh, and is called the Clover fan stitch-its pretty complicated. I think that it would also make a pretty lace edging. Anyway I am going to try it on something.
Right now I need to go and finished making Dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home