Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Can't think of a title!

I would have posted earlier-but there is still nothing going on of interest to the rest of the world. Still in the process of collecting art supplies-there are still a number of paints and a couple of acrylic mediums that I want to have to start with. I did start one painting in gouche-but the paint just drys so quickly that there isn't time to do any blending, and blending is crucial to what I want to do and how it will look.

I'm still crocheting tea towels from my own pattern. It's really just a very modified version of the granny square tea towels that came out in the 70's or 80's. It is my favorite pattern for those things. And I am making some wool hats to felt and embroider on, as a quick project for the summer. I just don't want to sit around and make large items in the heat of the summer, you know sitting out in the sun with a large wool sweater on my lap just doesn't sound all that fun.

I started a new diet plan as well. I looked up how much I am actually suposed to eat just to maintain my weight-and it is a lot of food. I have been starving on about 500 or 700 calories a day and wondering why I can't loose any weight. So now I am actually trying to eat what I should eat-minus-a 1000 calories a day. It works on paper, so it should work in reallity. we'll just have to see. I get to eat way more than 700 calories, though I did have to cut back on chocolate.

And I'm thinking about starting to sew again. I have a neat top pattern that I would like to try out and some new shorts and tees wouldn't be a bad idea. I am just sort of holding off to see if the new diet will work. I just don't want to make up a whole bunch of clothes and find out they don't fit in a couple of months. Well that its for now , will try to find something to take pictures of for the next post.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

Wow - you are into a lot lately! I've painted with gauche before - and loved it. True about the blending thing, but my work was more clean-line and less shading. I can see oil or oil pastel working better for you. Chalk pastel is a wonderful medium as well, but use a mask when you draw (dust gets in your lungs) and spray the fixative somewhere else - garage, outside etc.. with good ventilation. You can get beautiful blending effects with the soft chalks.

Good luck on your diet plan and cleaning house as well! Hope D.C and company are doing fine!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home