Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ice storm

I am finally back on the internet. My computer went on the fritz and then the ice storm took out the electricity for almost two weeks. My computer is still messed up I will try to get it fixed this week sometime. The ice storm is another thing! Nearly two weeks without water and electricity. Ugh!!! Think about what that entails-no water, no clean clothes-you can't go wash things when you can't leave the house. The stove might have burned the house down. It was tough-I have even more sympathy for the victims of Katrina and other natural disasters. Try doing without a bath, a toilet, the phone, no TV, no music, no light, no hot food. Try it for just one day. The people in New Orleans did it for weeks. It changes a lot of your outlook. In many ways it was good for us.

Little Grey is ok-the little one is still a pain in the neck. She keeps getting into my roving. I spin and do felting as well so there is always some wool roving around and she just shreds it. And anything that I knit or crochet from wool she tries to eat. Well I got to go. Am going to try to download some stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

Oh my - two weeks with no running water or electricity - glad it is over now! I've done it in the mountains, but that was summer ;o) and we were prepared!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home