Thursday, December 07, 2006

Not a lot to say

I have not had a lot to say for a while now-not since the election. I was pretty happy with the outcome. The wild striped socks are finally finished and a little crocheted Dragon is started.

I joined another Yahoo group that makes miniature animals. The Dragon is not turning out as well as I had hoped-but this is my first one and the next one I can make the way I want to. This first one I have to follow the pattern as exactly as possible. I can change the next one. My problem is learning to use something called a Wobble joint. It has turned out awfull, the joint I mean. The next one I will simply make thread joints . They always work best for me, come to think of it I may another one just like this one with thread joints too.This one is supposed to be for my hubby, but if it doesn't turn out right-he doesn't get it. The first one you make from the pattern has to be like the pattern, after that it doesn't matter. Its all just to learn how to do it. The tiny animals are so cute. I will be sure to post a picture of it when I am done.

The snow is finally melting off a little-wonder if we'll get some more before its all gone. I wish we would get some more rain or snow or something. It has been too dry here. I would like to have a garden next year that actually has some plants in it. Everything burned up this last summer. I watered and watered, but it did no good. It was just too hot.
I have plans that should make the difference next year.

And speaking of a hot summer, We just rented and watched Al Gore's new documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" It is more than a bit scary what is happening to the earth, Everyone needs to see this movie and deside for themselves if it is for real or not. America needs to make some changes to the way we think-especially the wealthy in America. Its not all about money folks. Its about the spirit.
Well that all I got for now-will try to post pictures in the next post.The link I was going to post didn't work so you'll have to google it.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

Oh! Hope the dragon starts being more cooperative, would love to see him!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home