Monday, September 11, 2006

Finish Objects



I had to wait until today to finish posting all my FO's. It is hard to write a post in advance. I couldn't finish posting all my pictures in the last one so I am trying to get them all in this one. First of all is my socks.

These are all crocheted from both fingering weight yarn and worsted weight yarn. I really like to crochet socks, yes I can knit them but crocheting them is so much faster and its so much more fun for me. I get all up tight when I knit and I can relax when I crochet. I guess its because I've been doing it so long-like 35 or more years. The pattern use is the one in CrochetMe online magazine-I modified it though so it has a much longer ankle. If you add 2 and1/2 inches to the bottom of the ribbing and then start the foot and heel it looks and fits much more like a real sock. The yarn I've been using is some of the inexspensive yarn from Hobby Lobby, its called Sweet Delight, I think and is some of their house brand-its really nice and soft. And it comes in a lot of colors and kinds. They have some of it labeled as bulky-but it is fingering yarn and some of it says bulky and it is. I don't think they really do much knitting -whoever buys this stuff. I will be making many more pair-though I need to find a bigger pair of winter boots or shoes. I won't post a picture of the last shawl I made, but I will post one of the kittys, Little Grey takes care of the little one, like it was her own.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

Ahhh... cute kitties and good Little Grey! Nice socks linda! Good Job!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home