Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Walking,

I am starting to enjoy the walking, part of the time. Monday and Tuesday is great, but by Wensday I am ready to use a wheelchair. My hips seem to not want to work after the first 2 rounds of my yard. By Friday I don't want to go at all. But I am sticking with it. Am doing six rounds of the yard now and will increase it to seven next week. That seems like a lot, but it really isn't. Oh and my DH cleared off some more trail so I can go farther. I don't know if I should kiss him or slap him. I just wish I had thought of it a year ago when I started gaining weight and I would not be like this now. Hindsight is always 2020 you know. I have so many favorite clothes that I can't get into. Once the weight is gone I won't need any clothes for a long time. I am one of those people that wears what I like and not what is in style. I am not and don't want to be trendy. And think of the time I will save, and yarn, being able to make smaller sweaters!!! It makes me giddy to think about it.

The Little black kitten is doing well-though sometimes I am not, I catch her frequently hanging off the curtains or trying to climb them, as well as me. I keep trimming her claws and hoping she will outgrow it. She bounces from one room to the other getting into things. I think sometimes a small child would be easier to deal with, and she thinks that yarns were made to chew. And speaking of yarn I have some finished objects, 4 pair of crocheted socks and a Shrug of my own design. Oh and I really like Hobby Lobby's house brand of yarn called Baby Bee "Sweet Delight" It is labeled Bulky, but it can't be. Some of the different kinds, like the twist are medium worsted but the rest seem to be light sportweight. Figure that out. It works really well for socks too.
Will post pics of the FO's when I get them. I have several things cut out to sew up and haven't done them. I need to get them done too. Am not done yet sorting through fabric. I have the best of it put away, but some off the smaller pieces are still in need of looking at, will get them done as I can. I have quite a selection that I want to make into needles and hook cases and accessory bags, and some pillows and things for the kitchen.

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite reads, it is totally different from the movie with Irene Dunne and Sir Laurence Olivier in it though. Many of the movies made back in the black and white days were very faithfull to the books but, I was watching the movie while reading the book and it was easy to see the differences. The book was much better. For now I'd better get off here and go finsh my exercises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home