Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Oh where have you gone?

Oh where have you gone Knitting Goddess? I refer to the writter of the Knitting Goddess. Deborah Bergman. She used to have this lovely website that was very nicely done. Now it has all been archived, if you can get the links to work. I fought with it Sunday for sometime so I could copy the information. Why do knitting and crochet books go out of style in the first place. I still love the first ones I got years ago and still use them. Anything outdated can always be updated you know. It seems like publishers feel compelled to keep on releasing new ones so they can keep on making more and more money. But they don't go in for reprints on many of them.

I have a few favorites of course, and they are always close at hand, but I loved "The Knitting Goddess" for the lovely stories, and it had some rather fetching patterns too. I could see the morie pullover in a varigated color or two and the Haloed turtleneck would have been lovely in blue. I am trying my hand at a few of her patterns now. Why hasn't she written another book? She was everybit (in my opinion) as good as some of the current popular designers. I keep looking at some of the new books on the market and they are just rehashes of the same old patterns that have been doing for the last three years.

I think that Elizabeth Zimmerman coverd most of the important stuff in hers. I am trying currently to get a copy of Knitting around so I can make the Pi R squared shawl. I will have to order it from Knitpicks I guess. Then I will also have to order some lace weight yarn too. I am okay as long as I can order $40 worth. Who wants to pay postage anymore. I started a sweater for my DH. It will be a plain one with only a small pattern in it. He doesn't like really fancy stuff. And it will be denim blue, so its also casual. Well thats all for now, not much happening round here and I still don't have my pic files dug out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home