Sunday, April 23, 2006

It was a Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Its a lazy Sunday for me. I made dinner last night in the crock pot-Ham and beans-a rare treat here. I had forgotten how good they can be. But so filling. We ate around 2 o'clock and Its now nearly six and I am still stuffed. I am also thirsty and can't drink any water. Every sip of water I take makes me miserable. Ugh! I have a really slow metabolism.

I haven't done much for the last week or so. I am trying to learn to use an old knitting machine that I have. It's pretty simple to use-but alass- I have short term memory loss and can't remember anything until it's been in storage for a bit. My long term memory is good. I can remember the payment amount that was due on a car I owned back in 74'. But have trouble remembering my age from day to day.

I have been getting ready for a 2-3 day trip to Lake Ozark in May. Don't get to excited-its mostly bussiness. I might get to a yarn shop, if there is one. But in the meantime I have to decide what projects to take, crochet or knitting and should I take my drawing things or my flutes. What a decision, And I am making some clothes to take with me, some new ones. What is this thing I have for black velvet anyway. I love to trim plain clothes in black velvet. Make a white shirt-trim it in black , purple-trim it in black. Make a black shirt-trim it in.... I haven't done much knitting or crocheting, but have wound several balls of cotton handpaint and a coordinating colour to go with it. I don't know yet what I will make but it will turn into something. Oh and I got a few bargins this week end. I picked up a Lion brand scarf kit on clearance for $3 and six sets of new Lion brand needles for 50 cents each. Oh and two Lion crochet hooks. Its not like I needed them. I have a set of Britanys in Walnut-with some spares and a set of crystal lites, as well as a set of steel and aluminum clover soft touch hooks. The Clover softouch are my favorites. Not to mention knitting needles I have several sets of them too. I find myself using the three Addi turbos I have more than the others-though the Denise needles are the best all round needles. Sometimes I am just a compulsive collector-of everything.

The only pictures I have to show you today are some more fractals though- no time to upload photos from my camera. Here is one I did for Easter, Its a flame fractal made on Apophysis flame generator Ok I can't upload it, I have to change the files will do that tomorrow-don't want to tonight. Ok never mind, the fractal in question is on my flikr album. You can check it and see some that I haven't posted anywhere yet.

Some files just don't want to upload ya' know. Well, I started this post sunday and will try to finish today. I changed some file types so maybe the fractals will upload now. Okay , I guess that will work.
Some file types cause me problems. The blue one is Neon Bunny, and the brown one is falling Like Leaves. Hopefully they will show okay.


1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

Interesting fractals -- I can see the bunny! Good luck with your knitting machine!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home