Friday, February 17, 2006

No pictures yet

Just enough time to make a post, just no time to take pictures. I have finished several things though. Six of the Troll Dolls I bought have new hair in a lot of different colors. There is one with blue hair, white, brown, yellow and a couple of colors I can't remember. But I can't go look-I have a kitty sitting on my lap, and she won't let me up. She sits down and doesn't like to get up. I still need to make clothes for them. I like to try to color-coordinate the outfits and hair.

I finished several crochet projects, two ponchos, one scarf and one afghan, soon I will get pics made. I have to get my dressmakers manikin out and set it up for pictures. I am trying to make a dent in all that Yarn I have stashed away. I had over 50 skeins of homespun put away, I am trying to get it all made up. The next project I hope to finish is one of those circular shrugs in crochet. I have it about a third completed. And a double sized Booga bag. I'm using a pattern for the booga bag only I have doubled the number of stitches in the length, and I want the handle to have a few more stiches in the I-cord. I carry so much stuff, that I need stronger handles.I was also thinking of using it as a knitting bag. Hopefully it will be finished this weekend and I can post pictures of everything next week.

We went to the Antique Mall last week, and I came home with some of those printed stuffed animal panels that they make. You know you just sew them up and stuff them and you have a stuffed animal. One of them makes two cute little sheep and the other one will make 4 rabbits. I am planning on making them soon. The week before I went to another one or two down on our town square and found 11 pattern books, Old ones of course.But now I have copies of several patterns that are put out for free on the internet and some you have to pay for. And none of them cost more than 25 cents per magazine. I have 11 of them. It felt really good to get what I consider to be real bargins. They have some great knitting and crochet patterns in them. I may even give some of them away. Not too many people around here buy this sort of stuff. I turned down the old yarn though, some of it was a little gross, too old and hard to use. And the prices on some junk is amazing, some item will be priced at 25 cents and the same thing elsewhere will be 5 bucks. I bought one old avon decanter for 50 cents still full of bath salts which I will throw away, I found the same decanter at another one for $15. I just don't understand it. Of course you know which one I bought. Some people just don't have any idea of fair market value-I don't think. Oh well I am chattering, better shut up and go do some more work.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

The stuffed animal panels sound wonderful! I remember my mom making a fawn for my sister and a cat for me when we were little girls.

My kitty was occupying my lap this morning too, and I have a picture at my blog of her half-passed-out ;o)

I can't wait to hear more about your Bag!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home