Monday, January 30, 2006

Trolls and Ponchos




Yea!, I get to make another post, yes I am busy so I get excited when I do. This time I get to add a couple of pics to it. I tend to collect things. One of them is trolls-you remember the ugly-ok they aren't ugly little dolls that came out in the 60's and 70's and 80's and again and again. I like to get the crappy ones and replace their hair with good wool hair and make new outfits for them. I know , I know, I sound like a little kid. Well here are two of them I have. Peaches and Blueberry, with their new hair and outfits. They had really crapy fake fur hair and were naked. I designed the outfits from felt, just like they did originally, I had to make some patterns for them too.But I am pleased with the result.
I also crocheted two new ponchos. The ponchos in the picture are made handspun wool and a vinetage wool that I bought years ago. I spun the singles for the lavender one and the blue one is made from a yarn called Impressions-I wish I could remember who made it. Yes I make ponchos, I don't care who hates or likes them. I like the small ones to wear at home. I am hot one minute and cold another, so they are perfect for me-and I don't have to pin or hold them on like I do shawls. Of course, I like shawls too and plan on crocheting one real soon.

Right now I want to start a couple of tops from an old pattern in one of the old crochet fantasy magazines. One will be lavendar and one will be some other color. I may make more than one. I have two or three from this pattern now, they never look the same when I keep using different stitches to make them. I wish I could find a new copy of the magazine, mine is getting rather ragged. I keep looking for one sooner or later I will find one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home