Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Crocheted Socks?


Crocheted Socks? Yes I am trying to learn to make crocheted socks, I can knit them, but I am such a slow knitter. It might take me a month to knit one sock. This is much faster. Though the fishermans wool I am using is not my favorite, it just looks like a dirty yellow to me. I usually dye it with koolaid. Maybe I'll dye the socks when I am finished. Anything but the dirty cream or yellow.

I also wanted to post pictures of the crochet and knitting magazines I got the other day at the antique mall and some of the flea markets. I only spent about $8 on all of them, there are about 15 or 16. There were even some old crocheted doll books-I probably won't keep. I never make them. I have collected about 60 of the paradise doll patterns and have never even tried to make them. I would rather crochet or felt little bears or sheep or kittys.

I have been trying to take some good pictures of my cat, but she is always in motion. She never stops moving unless she is asleep. All my pictures are blurs. The head never stops and neither does the tail. And who wants pictures of a sleeping kitty? Well I better go for now. I am waiting for the man who is cutting up all the fallen trees in my woods. We had a tornado here a few years ago and I have seven trees in the woods that need cut up cause they were ripped out of the ground. I don't have a chain saw and he is doing it for the wood to sell. I want to clean out the underbrush and see if someday I can't fence it in and get a couple of good sheep that can be sheared for wool. Something with a long staple wool. You know, easy to spin. Every knitter, crocheter and spinners dream. Their own little wool factory. Dream on......

2 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

great find on the books!

we too, have a sheep dream ;o) We want about 3-10 Jacob sheep to roam about our land here in Tennessee. I haven't mastered my drop-spindle yet, though, and I need to do that soon!

11:51 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

I'd like to see crocheted socks, as I'm still not mastered with the knit ones yet.

I've crocheted some hats a year or so back, and they are still holding up well. That was before I figured out how to knit the Green ribbed hat in my blog patterns.

Hope you are having a good weekend!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home