Friday, July 14, 2006

Rain at last

I was so happy to see so much rain. Everything out here is drying up. Maybe now it will green up for a while. Now on to less important things ha!

I decided to post pictures of all my felted animals(that I still have) so far, one is in Austrailia and the other is a crocheted one, so ugly that he looks awfull. I don't have as much time as I'd like to, to spend on felted animals. I got sidetracked this time by trying to crochet a shawl without a pattern. I hope it works. If it does I will write it out if I can. I will be using a lot of double and treble crochet stitches. So it should go by pretty fast. Any way here are some animals. This one is Bobby Bear of the Boston Blueberrys. The second one is called snowflake, he was my first felted bear. I think in many ways he is my best one.

Well blogger is putting them where it wants them again-don't know why. Am I the only one who has this problem? Or does everyone have it from time to time. Okay that last bear is in Kansas city and I can't find his picture file. I know I have it so will post it later. I will probably have to post some of this stuff in my next post.
There are just too many pictures I can't find.

I would have done all this Wensday, but the rain gods decreed otherwise. The phone line went out. The phone company sent out a trouble shooter-not a repairman. He said that I would have to fix it. He checked and replaced the wires and said it was my phone jak. I came in an checked it and it wasn't, anyway as soon as the wires dried out, it started working again. I still think I need to get some new wiring. It looks as though what I have has been chopped up. I think I know who did that. Water under the bridge. Anyway we are thinking that we will replace the phone line and jak too. That way it will be right.

I am getting ready to post some patterns on my other page, which will become a pattern page. I need to find out more about a creative commons liscense. I would like for people to be able to copy and use the pattern, but I am really tired of seeing a free pattern on the internet and then seeing a very similar version in one of the knit or crochet magazines the next issue where you have to pay for it and they make money at the expense of the designer. I know they only have to change 10% to use it, but still, Its unfair.End of pet peeve.

It looks like it might be getting ready to rain again. So I must hurry. I didn't get all the pictures posted that I wanted to. I have been re-reading alot of books lately. Have you ever read any of Mary Summer Rain's books?
I prefer her to Sylvia B. myself. She has been writing books for years, but is not nearly so well known. She doesn't get rich and is not a public person-but she is spot on in prophetic writings. This is for the world though, not for individuals. She has what I feel is a much broader scope, less personal but more applicable to the current day. She covers global warming and polution, war and earth and religion with less bias than others seem to be able to do. And without putting herself in a place of self importance. I just never seem to take people who make money out of prophecy seriously, this lady I can.

I am also reading, B.K.S. Iyengar's Light on Yoga. It's dry but imformative.

Oh and I got 26 used Magic Crochet magazines at a bookstore last weekend. There are some wonderfull patterns in some of these. They go all the way back to issue 5. There are some pretty old patterns there, but I can update them and they will be just as good as the new ones. They should keep me pretty busy for a long time. Well I will post this and try to come up with some more of those pictures by tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

I don't have any problem at all with Blogger pics - I wonder, are you uploading them in one format (left, center etc) and then trying to change the format afterwards?

I love your bears, you should definitely keep working on them! The white one is my favourite too :o)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home