Monday, May 22, 2006

Cat still in the house

Oh, is it good to be home, We couldn't take the cats with us-they didn't allow pets, which sucks. I hated leaving Little Gray at home and leaving Little Hope with someone. The little one was really sick when we got home and it took a visit to the vet and $50, for medicine and stuff to keep it alive. It's much better now and a lot stronger and eats like a little pig. It is developing some personality now too. It has longish black fur with white underneath like a smoke and it eyes are huge. It is going to be so cute. It is nearly 3 weeks old now and has had a really rough time, It lost its mother, got sick, still has a leg infection. But we have hope that it will survive. When I can take pictures of it without scaring it to death I will post some. Our trip to Lake Ozark was rather uneventful-though I did get to a yarn shop. I got three skeins of Cascade 220 and and eight ounce bag of fiber to spin up. Its a really odd colorway, but should make interesting yarn. Well that's all for now, am catching up on all the stuff I need to now.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

I hope the leg infection cures up soon! That is a hard thing in such a little one!

My kitten Katie had a deformed jaw and was badly skunk-sprayed (which led to a green discharge from her nose for about three weeks). Her mom abandoned her out in our vegetable garden when I was twelve - my mom found her and I held her against my shirt all the way to the vet.

She was about three weeks old the vet said - it was hard getting her to eat for the first few weeks, but we used an eyedropper and then as she grew older we replaced the milk with a 'sludge' of food and milk until she could eat dry food by herself. (which was with her head turned to one side - but she found a way)

Long story - I am sending lots and lots of good wishes for your little kitty :o)

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home