Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What do I title this?

I had no idea what to title this post, any suggestions. I really do not see the neccessity for putting one on each and every post. Maybe I'll just start using numbers. I am trying to be really creative today. I have started the sleeves from Mrs. Wealeys wild sweater in what I belive was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, not sure, guess I'll have to watch it again. I am crocheting them out of vintage cotton sportweight yarn. Okay it cotton sportweight I have had for about 15 years. It has faded and mellowed with age and should give the affect that I wanted. I am having to throw in a little size 10 cotton in colors I don't have. I am trying very hard to make it almost exactly like the ones in the movie. Its difficult to work from some of the photographs they are not clear in some spots. That means I will have to watch the movie over and over to get it right. There are two patterns available on the internet-one is quite good but much too expensive and the other is not all that great but fairly resonable in price-but neither are what I want. I am not going to put them on a pink sweater-I look awful in pale pink, so I am using either an ecru or white or I am going to dye it myself. I think a loose sweater in Ecru with shells in it would be the best bet. If it works I might make another one in other colors. Just think I could wear it to the next book release. The last one. I wish that J.K. Rowling would reconsider and write one or two more. (or 10)

Organization is my weakest point and this week, I am going through two storage boxes and one large basket of fabric. keeping only my best and most usefull, yeah sure. meaning that I will be keeping two thirds or more of it. There are so many quarter yard cuts that I had no idea. I bought them to make small projects out of. Needle cases, handbags, pincusions and other little things. I get to finish sorting today. I may take some of it up to the DAV or Goodwill, or I may just throw it away.

My walking program is still going okay, I am up to 5 rounds of my yard It's a little shorter than I wanted so I have had to circle farther out in the yard. The neighbors think I am nuts, but they always have. I weighed last week and get to weigh again next week. I am only doing it every two weeks. I don't want to depress myself too often. LOL. Anyway that brings things up to date.

I am not thinking of flying anytime in the next century, I get airsick and would need my dramamine, and I'd loose my mind without my crochet or knitting, so whats the point. I flown three times and they lost my luggage the first time. The other two times I carried it on with me. I think its all kind of stupid. Wonder how much lost luggage they'll have this time? End of Rant.

The kitten is still doing well through she still hasn't gained much weight. She eats, she just burns it all up. She is now a glossy black kitty with a white bikini. Yes one of her distinguishing features is that she has a bikini shaped triangle on her tummy. That and being so onery. Have a good week, guess I'll go work on my sleeves and do some more sorting.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

Hmm, our little guy is ornery too - always acting like he is starving to death so he has to eat our hands! I wonder ;o) Glad to hear your little girl is doing well!

Mr.J says I can't weigh myself more than once a week, he is my 'obsessive behavior watchdog.' Your yard-walking sounds like a good idea, no matter what the neighbors think! I get some 'between-the-office' walking done here, which is about a quarter-mile each way.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home