Thursday, October 26, 2006

Still around

Yes we are still around, My DH is still looking for employment. I think he will find something soon. If he gets one compatable with the hours I'll have I may take a temp job. I don't know how I will handle all the overtime -but it is still money.

The cats are doing great-the little one is still driving me up the wall, where she stays most of the time. She has found out how to get in my underwear drawer, and has learned to hide in there. I don't care much for that because she is a chewer. She chews on everything.

I think I am going to start painting again. I have been trying to start, and have had several false starts. Perhaps this time will be the right thing.

My mind is too scattered right now for much of anything. I am crocheting a shrug-the easiest thing possible. No thought to that-It will probably be more like one of the those polish sweaters. I need to finish the sweater I started knitting for my hubby, from one of Anne Budds pattern books.

I am also canceling my CrochetMe newsletter. I don't like the things that I have heard about one of the Editors. People should not take credit for others work-and that appears to be what she is doing. She wrote the new book but only did three of the beginners crochet designs. Nine or ten others did the rest and got $100 cash for each design. She is getting all the royalties. That seems unfair, I think that is why I would rather self publish what I am designing. Besides I don't join the cheering corners of anyone. There are many who do a good job. The other reason is that they have not had anything really good for a year or more-most of it you can do with a good stitch book and some knowhow. I don't need the crap.

Well that is all the news I have for now-May post some pictures later if I have time.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

I'll be thinking good wishes for your DH's job search! I remember in
Fargo it took nine months for my DH to find another job comparable to the one he quit (because they had whittled his hours down to 10 a week and were having him show up and wait 'just in case there was work' which is illegal) He finally went outside his field and got a manager's job in a hotel which paid much better than the old job - and led to him getting this job in Tennessee.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home