Monday, March 26, 2007

Cleaning House

Still no pics, I decided to start cleaning the house instead. Am trying to organize this mess. I have too much yarn and fabric and too little room. Have decided also to get rid of a bunch of magazines and probably some books. I never get rid of books. I have novels that I have read and some that I will never read. I am of course keeping my first editions-hate to get rid of them, at least some of them have gone up in value. Even for the slightly damaged or imperfect ones there is a higher value. That makes me feel considerably more justified in having them. And the few biographys and autobiographys that I have-those I will keep. I just don't see the sense in keeping some that I might read-and know I never will. I know it in my own mind, I just hate to admit it. Of course I will also be keeping my sci-fi and fantasy collection. Can't get rid of those.

I have ordered a copy of The Complete Fuzzy by H. Beam Piper. Ihave fallen in love with the Fuzzies. This book was published years ago, but I hadn't read it and since the Author is dead-there won't be anymore. I downloaded the first installment from project Gutenburg. I had forgotten that it was even there. Gutenburg I mean. Books you can download for free! And unending source of reading material! How great is that.

I've also put in for any job opening that comes up at the employment place-hence the housecleaning. I am very tired of sitting at home on my ever widening butt. I want to get back out and work have some independence.

And even though it's Spring-I am crocheting some hats to felt. I want to have them to embroider during the summer when I don't have much time to do anything. I got the idea from Spin-Off magazine. They had some really cute embroidered felted hats and I'd have lots of cream colored wool yarn that will felt if Iwork at it. And I can embroider all kinds of designs on them. In the meantime I am still working on the motifs for the rose top, and making a summer time poncho type thing. Yeah, I know some of you don't like the poncho-all I have to say is "lighten up!" Ya'll are wearing them damn hip hugger pants and they came from the same time period and believe me-they don't look that good.

Can you tell I am not fond of hiphugger jeans. I didn't like them, back in the day. I certainly don't like them now. I personally prefer leggings anyway. At least they look good with crocheted and knitted sweaters. Long live the legging!

On a sadder note-those damn tree trimmers cut down my Dogwood tree!! I had a beautiful multitrunked dogwood-there were at least 10 trunks on this tree that bloomed every spring. It will bloom no more-I even had it marked to save and the damn dummies cut it down!!! It was no where near the right of way. It just goes to show-give a man a chain saw and he loses what common sense he has. They like the noise it makes and will just keep on cutting. At least that's my theory.

Well thats all the news maybe something good will happen before I post again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home