Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Keep promising pictures

I keep promising pictures but things keep happening. I haven't taken any since the ice storm. I have several things I need to photograph, but I have to dig out my manequin and some other things to do it and just haven't felt like it. The battle with the computer is almost over. I had vista taken off and XP put on. That was a hassle, All new drivers had to be downloaded for everything. And I do mean everything. It was a good thing that my computer doctor had already done it for several other people. He had a warning- I didn't! I installed XP and it worked fine, but there is a lot of stuff that has to be downloaded for it and the one thing I didn't have was my modem driver. I couldn't unlock any of it's functions untill I could get it online. Just take this as a warning if you want to switch from Vista to XP. It's a B***H!!

I haven't done much interesting shopping, except for Cigar boxes to build a Charka from. I also got a new handspindle. I bought a small indoor green house. And I found a tiny Weave-it loom from the 30s at a small flea market-It was only $3. I just had to have it. I had to make a couple of repairs (replacing a couple of prongs) but other wise it was in perfect condition. It still had the original receipt in the box, written out sometime in the 1930's I found that really interesting. It cost a dollar at that time and was bought in ST. Joseph, Mo. It makes really neat squares-though my eyesight affects the quality of the work-I do expect it to get better. I have an awfull time telling if I got it in the right spot. I guess I'll have to use my magnifier glasses with it.

The kittys are okay, I do hope to have some pictures to post here soon. If nothing else maybe some fractals-that part of my computer is finally working. Well thats it for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

The Weaving tool sounds like a great find!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home