Thursday, March 01, 2007

No Pics just complaints

Oh if only improvements weren't such a pain. Did I tell you that I have a new computer? Did I also tell you it runs on the new vista system. Oh if we could only go back in time to windows 98'. I have used xp and vista now and 3.0 and millinium and 98 is still the best one. It has less bells and whistles but allows me to do more with the programs I use. Alas, I can no longer use Tierazon, It refuses to save, view or print one of these fractals. Apophysis doesn't work either, so that leaves me with 3 options in my current situation. Or I can turn on my old computer and use it. I can only use Mindboggling fractals, Fractal explorer, and Fractal forge. There are a couple more that I will download when I can, but it is going to take me a while to get it all set up. So no more fractals for a while. And the camera software may not work either so I may have to use something else for pictures. It took all day yesterday to get the printer to work-its less than a month old and we had to download new drivers that are compatable with vista. I am going to see if new drivers are available for my laser mouse as well. I miss my laser mouse- I don't like a mouse with a tail!

I got my new handspindle a few days ago, It spins beautifully, I can't draft fast enough to keep up with the spin. I guess I will have to get better. Thats good-I need to get better and faster.

I am getting ready to go through my yarn and get rid of some of it. I am only keeping what I will use. The stash has gotten out of hand. The same is true with fabric. I want to cut it down to four boxes total. That will not include thread. I don't get rid of crochet thread. It has too many uses. Well that is all for now, will post something pretty when I have something to post.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

Good luck with your new spindle! I've been hearing the same story about Vista -- even before it was on the market really.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home