Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Crocheting and whatever

About all I've done for the last two months is crochet when I get the chance. I am working on a top in thread and now a shawl. I got the idea for the shawl after seeing one on Poppalina's blog, she made one from some beautiful silk, I don't have any silk right now and the thread I am using for the shawl is very fine weaving thread, tripled. It took forever to wind off 6 balls that were the same size. It is an unknown yarn to me, the cone says its rayon, but it feels more like bamboo. Its been around ten years or more, so I can't tell and can't find out either. It came in a Robins egg blue-looks more turquoise to me. Whatever it is, its still pretty, I'll post some pics when I have enough progress to show. Right now It's only about 24 inchs wide and 8 inchs long. It took me a while to get the stitch memorized, its an 11 row repeat, with my memory it was a chore. I want to work on the top some more before I take my pics. It looks really pretty too, so far. Its done in a rather complicated stitch too. Maybe all that memorizing will help my memmory,who knows.

I started doing Yoga again too. I have gained some weight so modifications are neccesary but thats okay. What amazes me is how much I still remember, and how much I've forgotten. One of the things I have missed is the sense of balance and peace I get from Yoga and meditation. It's really lovely. Even when things are pressuring me and its hard to cope with finances and house hold things, I still feel on an even keel. It'll probably take me two or three years to get the weight off again. I quit doing the yoga when I started the Jenny C program-they wanted me to do more walking and things like that. As soon as I couldn't afford the very expensive food they have though, the weight started comming back, and I was still exercising about 3 hours a day, so that wasn't it. I didn't really have such a weight problem while doing the Yoga. So now I am doing about an hour a day of it. I hope to be back up to 2 or 3 hours later on after my muscles become more limber. Thats how long I used to spend bending and stretching my self everyday, with another hour or two in meditation. Its been so long. Since its become rather Passe' I feel much more comfortable with it again.

The house hold things I mentioned are things like, both VCR/DVD combos that we have went caput on the same day. Power Surge, the surge protectors didn't help a bit. The washer went out last week. And my old tape player ate my favorite Yoga tape. Just myriad little pokey things have broken down. Its a bit frustrating. The microwave and the Coffee maker went out 6 months ago.

There is one more bright spot for me though, about a year ago we bought a game, The Jouney to Wild Devine and the second part called Wisdom quest, its so much fun. It's a bio-feedback game. Everything you do in the game is based on breathing and your energy levels. It works out really well to learn to breath to calm yourself or to energize your self. If you want to look for a copy of it just google it, Its fairly expensive but well worth the cost as far as I am concerned. I feel more relaxed and less on edge after playing it for a while.

I have been very upset with what has been happening in Burma and needed to take the edge off things, I was so upset, I still am underneath. those poor monks, they will be confined for years, until they all die of starvation and beatings. No one in the western hemisphere seems to care, they are buddhist monks not christian and in the christian world, I once inhabited they are heathern. I am glad I left that world behind, Now I believe that everyone has good in them and that is what matters to God, whatever representation of him is used. I've had a lot of sleepless nights since the riots started and its been worse since the monks were imprisoned. I know they must be suffering, its too bad that human beings can be so cruel and unfeeling to one another. That's all for now or I'll get depressed just talking about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Linda,

I landed up your blog from Kiwisaver's blog. I have recommended her blog to my community for review. I would also love to review your blog in front of the members of my community. Please mail me if you accept this proposal. My mail id liza.jolie@gmail.com

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home