Saturday, June 06, 2009

On a Happier note than the last

My last post was rather depressed and surly, okay downright angry. It seems that I am only really happy now, working in the yard or crocheting or working on my crappy house. Oh and writing. I am still working on the books, and my go back to two others I started years ago, I have found part of one and the outline and a couple of chapters of one other. The third one I'll have to start from memory. I lost all of it when I moved 20 years ago. Writing is good therapy, even if it is never published. I write better on my stories than I write here. Though sometimes the rules of grammar are very hard for me to remember. I remember a little better all the time though.

I finished something to send my dear daughter, and if she reads this-perhaps she will send me a picture when she gets it (Hint, hint). She would make a much better model than my maniquin would. You know that crocheted top I started months ago? I still haven't finished it! No matter how many balls of thread I have bought none of them work, it is just a totally different shade of blue and I have tried two other dye lots. So... I decided to do the sleeves in a shade of lavender and try to trim it with the blue I have. If you can't match them, change them. I may like it better, who knows, it won't be quite so stuffy and perfect that way. I never seem to like things that are too stuffy, perfect or nice. I want that little defect that makes them not look like they are machine made, I guess. For me I am even making a pink scarf from some lacette I got on clearance. I don't wear much pink, I don't look good in it, but I have one pink sweater that I like and looks okay on me, so I wanted a scarf for the winter that will work with it, and this one will.

Oh and I got some sewing patterns for pants, a tunic top and a coat that can be a dress jacket or just a cover-up or even make a winter type coat. I really don't like much of what is in the stores today and would rather make my own. I was thinking some denim for the shell and maybe some black fleece for the lining with maybe some insulation too. It's a swing-type coat that can be made short or long with only one button or two-I hate zippers-they are always breaking, if a button pops, I just put on a new one. And that brings us to my house hold repairs!

I am excited because I got the lumber to redo my floors, so now I can do my sewing room and put all my sewing things and crafts things back in there, and that means I can start making things again. New clothes that fit! Stuff to sell in my little flea market booth and things for the house. It will also give me a quiet place to write in, though I also love to sit outside (when the bugs aren't too bad) and write in the shade.

That brings me back to the yard, I am now looking for rock-can't use them yet, so I can rock in the floor part of my little sitting spot.My sitting spot is just a little park bench and table under a tree with some flowers. Rocking in the floor of it and cleaning it out of weeds and things should help eliminate some of the bugs. I am picking up rock in my yard and some at the store so it will a jumble of things. Like something done years ago. maybe some stepping stones and the like. And then I start the repairs on the outside of the house. I may start some of them this weekend or the next weekend. Probably this weekend. Nothing fancy, just real repairs. I am feeling much better, though health problems do persist, I am not going to let them rule me anymore, or quit doing something just cause I might get hurt again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home