Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Another post-that must be a record

I have found time for another post, probably because I am a bit tired and don't want to do anything else. Not that I have worked very hard. I started crocheting the case for my hooks, mentioned previously. That took some time, getting the edging right was a pain, It kept puckering on the sides. I wound up with two rows of single crochet on the edge and one row of crab stitch. It looks better. That eliminated the pucker and changed the shape, it was very hard to make a perfect rectangle with the pattern stitch I used. With the edging though it looks right now. The spine is sewn in, next comes the interfacing to make it stiff enough. I was going to use plastic canvas-but don't have any. Since there will be several pages and pockets in it to hold entire sets of hooks, It will probably have enough body to stand on it's own. It was time consuming though. It will be well worth the trouble I've taken with it, if it does what I want it to. Come to think of it you could make one by getting an eight or nine inch loose leaf notebook and making "pages" to go in it and just crocheting a cover for it-or knitting a cover for it. It would work for knitting needles too. In fact I may have to make one for all my knitting needles.

On the political front-I got a kick out of the newsmedia-they have been eating crow all day. I suspect that the voters that were polled, thought it was really none of the media's bussiness who they voted for. I won't even answer when asked, simply because I don't like the way they use the polls in the news. It is none of their bussiness who I vote for. It is between me and the counter. Well I better go-dishes and dinner again, funny how you have to do that every day or get hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home