Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Politics and the Media and crafts

First my sore spots, The media, for now, I wonder if anyone realizes that the media is manipulating them into choosing who the media wants. With the vote in Iowa and New Hampshire, only a few hundred thousand people have voted. Why do they get to pick the candidates? It's just not fair to the rest of the country. I want a full field to choose from-Not just the leftovers, and I wish the media would stop all the hype and stay out of it!!! Now that my gripe has been aired-I feel better.

I need a large crochet hook case, I use makeup cases right now, and I don't really like them. The hooks bang together in the cases and may be damaged, so now, I am trying to make a hook case that will hold them all, the brittanys, the soft touch hooks, the plastics, the bones The steels and the in between ones. I'd like very much to have room for a full set of Boye or Susan bates alumninun as well and some bamboo would be nice too. It seems like each type of yarn does better with a different hook. I use them all, and want to keep them together and protect them. I carry individual hooks with each project, but like to have them all ready to go in case I get something to work on that is just a quick project. That is my current project a large hook case, with seperate sections for all the above, not to mention scissors, tape, chibis, and markers. It will also match my very large, crochet bag-I made it a couple of months ago from the same yarn and fabric lining. I hope it turns out like I want it too, I've been planning it for a while. When I have time, I'll post pics of the case, the bag and the new sweater I finished. Oh and the socks in progress.

Is everyone as glad as I am that most of the holidays are over? It's so hard to do any crafting with all the stress from them. And there is just no free time. It seems like my to do list gets longer and longer and less and less gets done, and the list of future projects grows to. I am wanting to make a snood with attached headband, more socks, a couple of scarves from an idea I saw on the internet, some more dishcloths and a large blanket that will be extra warm from scrap yarn-but not my favorite grannies, this one has to be solid with very tiny holes in it.

We went to the antique mall on Sunday and found a really nice vintage print sheet, white with my favorite lavendar roses on it-it was a queen size sheet in perfect condition and will turn into a lot of things. It seemed a bit high prices at nine dollars-I don't know. What would you pay for one like that. It was also american made and 100% cotton. I felt like it was a splurge, I may even use it with several other prints I have to make a top-that won't take but a tiny bit of it. It would be nice to have somthing besides T-shirts for the summer. Something a little dressy. Well that's all I got for now, will be getting off in another hour and starting dinner. Have a happy evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bombshellomatic said...

Yes, that is my sore spot (well, one)also!! Who gets to choose the media or the people??? I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the media has their own agenda.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home