Friday, January 04, 2008

Blue Funk

Yes the blue funk-not Grand funk. For the maybe two of you who care, I have spent (as I wrote before) the last two months sick with some virus. I am maybe getting over it- no guarantees on that either. Depression is my worst problem at any time. I get this little imbalance in the brain and it gets worse before it gets better. It's usually worse after an illness. I'll get over it-but I will spend the next week or month down and almost unable to function. It's no fun, and the hubby doesn't understand what happens. He thinks if he can't see it-it's not there. I am going to go back to writing my feelings down and see if it helps.

I think the primary results are funny-I can't imagine either of the two winners as president. It would be more of the same religious right/no real experience type of thing. How could either of them have experience living like the middle class? Or any of the candidates that is? I'll still vote the way I planned on. And I still think this system is a joke too-Why do we need an electoral college? It's baloney! It started out as a way for the wealthy landowners to control the masses. So far it's worked for over two hundred years. The wealthy are still running the country. The poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer. We get rid of that electoral college and make it one person-one vote, and we might accomplish something.

On a more pleasant note, I have finished the purple crocheted Cardigan and it turned out better than I thought it would-I love it. The downside. You can see me comming a mile away it is so purple. Now that I am older though-I can wear purple. Now I am trying to find something to make a scarf hat and mits to go with it. Perhaps in red. Nothing really sparks my creativity though. And I've crocheted enough patches for my favorite wool socks. We have six pairs of really heavy wool socks that we wear constantly in the winter and at $10 a pair,I won't be buying any more for a bit. We've had these for four years. I used a wool roving I had-nasty stuff to spin but I think it will felt right into the holes and work really well. I spun it into a fine single and then crocheted the patches and sewed them on. They all get washed now to felt the crochet. Hope it works. Well that's it for now. Am hoping the depression will be washed away with work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home