Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Getting there!!

Yes I am getting there, the house is closer and closer to getting done. I get more and more stuff out of the house all the time. I have a feeling the DAV(disabled american veterans is going to get some of this stuff. We just have too much stuff. Some of which I had forgotten about. Some of it that isn't worth keeping will get burned, no point in trying to dump it on some poor charity to deal with.

I do a little spinning for example-I'd probably do more if I had the wool out where I could see it, but it has been in a plastic box for forever. Since I keep it all in heavy plastic bags there are no bugs in it, but it never gets spun up either, so now it is in a basket that I can see what it is. And I have hung all my spindles up and am putting the wheel where I can get at it. Maybe if I can see them, I will start using them again.

I think I am going to store the games that I have kept in the, now empty plastic box-we only play games as a last resort around here( power outs and such), I love to play, but the dh doesn't like them much. I only have a few, so no big deal. I found a box of bicycle parts, still in the blister packs for my bike, new brakes, new innertubes, lights. I really should get it out and polish it up and ride it. I will be needing the exercise when I am done. I have even lost a couple of pounds since I started this. I'd like that to continue.

I got a treasure at the flea market last weekend, I finally got a copy of H. Beam Piper's Fuzzys and Other People in one of the booths for $2. I have been looking for that book for several years now. Only one more to go and I will have the set, They are hard for me to find, and when I do, they want way more than I will pay for them. Now I only need Fuzzy Sapiens and I will finally get to read them in sequence. I also have William Tunning's Fuzzy Bones but it is just not the same and doesn't have the same ending at the real thing. Though I like it too. I may just get busy in my spare time and make me a pair of little fuzzies to sit on the bed. They are so cute.

Well, it has taken longer to write this than I had intended, but talking about it keeps it straight in my head too, last week I lost two whole days and don't know where they went. It seems I jumped from tuesday to friday and really got confused and don't know how it happened. I at least know that today is Tuesday.

My sick cat is better, she is eating and able to move around again, I was afraid she was a gonner, she is so old. I don't look for her to live a lot longer anyway. She is an outside cat that doesn't do well indoors, I'm glad we live in the country. It's a little safer out here for them, unless someone decides to poison rats or something, or starts shooting them. I don't know why some people hate cats, without them, out here, we would be overun with rats and field mice in the house.And I hate to use any sort of poison on them, it goes to far down in the food chain.

Anyway that's it, more in a few days-after I am finished I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home