Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Spring Cleaning Already?

It must be spring, the cleaning bug hit me early. That's good, when Spring gets here, I'll be able to do other things like garden and clean the yard. I've done the livingroom, the storage room and the bookshelves. I really need more bookshelves. And I've started the bathroom and the bedroom-last thing will be the kitchen. I have a cabinet in the kitchen that I realy dread organizing. This cleaning has been going on for the last week or so and is spilling over into this week. When I get it done there will be time for some projects and photos of projects. I have a lot of projects I want to get done. Clutter seems to stiffle my creativity, so I am getting rid of the clutter. Having a clean house will give me a lot more time to knit, crochet, weave and spin and maybe get some drawing and painting done too.

And I do so want to try to have a small garden this year-just for fresh salad and things. Maybe some Zuchini and green beans and tomatos. The ground here is so poor that I have to think of alternatives to using it. I have tried fertilizing it and annealing it and even putting good soil on top of it and it won't grow anything but Oak trees. I think that mostly the oaks have sucked most of the nutrients out of the ground. But I have an idea that may work-got it out of a book so that's what I am going to try. Also going to try some of that Purslane for salads, If I can find some seeds or plants around here. You would be surprised at just how many weeds are quite tasty and nutritious. Anyway got to go, lots to do still.

1 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

I've been thinking of our garden too, and if there will be any time to work in it - or if we will be here in this place at all when it is warm enough.

Fresh zucchini is always so good - especially stir-fried with olive oil and italian seasonings and a few small roma tomatoes. I'm not sure how many weeds here are nutritious that the bugs don't get to eat before we do ;)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home