Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I don't know what to say

Sometimes I don't know what to say. I really don't have a plan or an idea of what to post, There are many things I could say about what happened in Sandyhook, but none would change anything. Most of the people in the US have already made up their minds and there is little to change them. Personally I think the young man who committed this atrocity was mad. Something set him off, though he may have been planning it for a long time. I suspect mental illness. No one gives the mentally ill much help anymore, we have thousands upon thousands living in the streets and no one cares. I know our government certainly doesn't, or the mental hospitals would still be operating at full strength.
When dear old President Reagan cut funding for mental institutions, he doomed many to lives of misery. He condemned not just the mentally ill to it, but also their victims. I believe that as the population grows in numbers we will see more and more of this type of thing. People who have no one to notice what is wrong will go berserk and kill or hurt more people. There are too many of us on this planet, it is too crowded.  There are too many weapons in circulation. Right now if they confiscated all weapons in circulation in the US today, it would do nothing. Honest people would let theirs be taken, but the criminal element would still have theirs and still get access to ammunition one way or another.
That will not bring back 20 dear little girls and boys or their teachers. It will not bring back a misguided mother who feared the end of the world. For her the end has already come. I've wondered if perhaps this young man had played too many video games and thought that each person would get a new life when he restarted the level. I dislike any but the most mild video games, I think of them as a form of brainwashing, after hundreds of hours of playing them, what is the impact? What I have written here is just my own rambling wonderings about these random massacres that we are experiencing here in America and around the world. I found it strange, that the same day this happened in the states that the same number of people were killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan.
There is no  courage or honor in taking a life, if only the misguided would see that. It does not take courage to kill, It is not honorable to kill those that disagree with your religion, opinion or way of life. It shows a lack of character and fortitude, as well as patience and love and tolerance. It takes courage to let people live their lives their way, and then go your own way, having left them in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home