Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tiny Looms

Sandy asked me to post pictures of my tiny looms-these are the best that I can do. I hesitated to post them now. I've already thought of some improvements to make, and will make more this next week. The little rectangular loom is mostly for bookmarks. I can weave them and then paint or embroider them. The two tiny ones on the right are to make patchs for socks and tiny woven animals. They work really well for sock patches. The large square one and the small one are to make squares for afghans and clothes. The little hooks are for my Rigid heddle looms-I still need to do some shaping so they will fit in the smallest heddles-that takes some work.

I so love to make things-sometimes I spend more time making them, than I do using them. I have tried these out and they work well. I haven't had time to take measurements of how much yarn is used though. I will eventually.

My next project is to recover my old dressmaker manequin for display purposes. I don't like to take pictures of myself with things on no matter how nice they are. So I put them on my dummy to take the pictures off. I am going to decopage it and paint it with roses. That way it looks nice when nekkid!

I also decided to make a new sweater, out of seven skeins of lion brand imagine I had in the stash. I have enough for two more maybe three, I think it's time I use it!! The first one is a cream color-will post a picture when finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home