Monday, March 10, 2008

Posting Pictures

Well the light box is done-It turned out a little strange. I wanted a bit of background in it, So I use a large paper box and lined it with scrap white cardstock, I got several years ago at a job I had and wish I still had. I cut bits and pieces of white card stock into rectangles and squares to give it a bit of texture and cut down on the glare. You can see the background in the pics of my Hello kittys. This one is done with natural light. I also placed a very tiny nightlight bulb in it. More recycling, I had a tiny flip switch night light like you plug into the wall-we never use it. I made a small hole in my box before lining it and glued the night light in then put in the only tiny bulb I had-need a new white light one. This one has a slight yellow cast, here the pic I took with it and not using the flash. But it still worked better than I thought it would.

The Hello Kittys turned out Ok too, I was happy with them. I always wanted one. The one on the left is made with microspun and embroidered with DMC Flower thread. It is jointed and can be posed. The one on the right is my favorite though it was made top-down in one piece-like you would a top down sweater. It's made from Paton's BeMine. It is just so soft. They are both stuffed with polyfiber fill. There dresses are made out of microspun too. Both are crocheted. There is no pattern. I just used an idea off the top of my head. Hope to post some more pictures tomorrow if they turn out. I've been making tons of scarves-got tired of the really easy ones and decided to make some really pretty lace ones. And I have a small shawl to show you too.

I'll be posting more links about Obama, and incidently you can google him and check him out on Wikipedia, and what they say on there correlates with a lot of the stuff on Schlussels site and with the link at the bottom of her page. He really doesn't have any experience, he was in public housing. My near and dear spent years in that and could tell you it's not enough. He also lectured on law, and that too isn't enough. When I have time I will also be posting some on Clinton. Incidently I don't vote for the one I like always-I vote for the one that I think will do the best job whether or not I like him or her. But no one should decide just on the basis of their ability to speachify. I fear that is what most people are doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home